Skip to main content

Yellow Rush To Brighten Our Lives ;)

Yellow Rush Lehenga Set

We all need a little sunshine. How much ever you may love the gloomy weather, natural sunlight is something we all love. 
You may say you love the rains more. And I wouldn't deny that as there are few who love the rains more than any other weather. But, not me.

I run to my wardrobe to find a bright  colour to brighten my day. I may choose a red or royal blue outfit at first, however in the end I zero down on a yellow on the most dullest of days.
Yellow in India is said to bring good luck. And people normally try to wear yellow outfits on Thursdays.

To me yellow is a happy colour and apt for any celebration. Hence while designing this outfit, I decided to choose yellow as the main colour. 
Imagine the splash of yellow in all your photos. It will be such a great sight. Yes na?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rochelle Maria Rao - Femina Miss India International

Heartiest Congratulations to the beautiful Rochelle Maria Rao on winning the Miss India International title at the Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2012. All the very best and God Bless You. I met her for the Goa Navy Queen Pageant in Dec'11 as she was the emcee for the show; and she carried my saree so gracefully. She is a beautiful person and I wish her all the luck.

How To Wear A Saree On An Anarkali

Saree on an Anarkali Somehow every August I make an attempt to start writing here and then I get busy. Hoping this time I continue it for the rest of the days. And what better colour than orange to start blogging again. Orange is just not a colour, it is my lucky charm. It has always been the Universe's answer to my prayers. A wish fulfillment colour ;). Wore this indo-western long anarkali dress yesterday to celebrate Independence Day. Draped a colourful saree on top of it first and then revealed the actual dress. I love all colours just like the colourful saree, but deep within I am total desi. I am proud being an Indian.  The saree is my identity.  It has given me the world 🌎 on a platter. Nazar mat lagana ji. Okay? (Just kidding). You can watch the reel in this dress by clicking the link.

A SAREE drape BUT using NO SAREE

Saree Pleats Styling PART 1 The Saree is very dear to me. Hence I keep coming up with different drape styles so I can motivate/encourage more people to love and wear them. Yes, my styles sometimes may mean crossing the line and even cutting the Saree. But, the main aim is always to draw attention to the Saree. This time I am focusing on the saree pleats. Many of us shy away from wearing a saree because we cannot make those perfect pleats or can't handle them. However, did you know that if you learn to pleat the fabric you could drape the fabric in so many ways? They don't need to be 1000% perfect ;) The link in this post will take you to the DIY video/reel that will quickly show you how I used two different fabrics to create a fusion dress. Using pins is a must to secure the fabric. I separated the mulmul foil printed pallu from a saree and pleated it to make the lower drape. One one leg it looks like a dhoti while on the other it looks like ...